Body Scanning is a good way to learn how to speak to your body. See
for a list of
sensing words that will help you identify the sensations felt and learn the language of
1. Begin by becoming aware of your breath. Ride the waves of your breath and let
it anchor you to the present moment.
2. Bring your attention to the soles of your feet. Notice any sensation there.
Without judging them or trying to make them different, simply be present with
3. Bring your attention to your ankles. Scan for sensations without judgment.
4. Proceed up your body to each body part: calves, thighs, pelvis, lower back,
belly, mid back, upper back, shoulders, chest, upper arms, lower arms,
hands, neck, face, jaw, head.
5. You may wish to breathe into each part as you focus on them. This helps you
focus and to relax each part as you go.
After you master the body scanning you may want to proceed to the
exercises to learn more.
Copyright 2014 Mountain Meadow Massage Therapy. All rights reserved.
PO Box 297 Buena Vista, CO 81211
Mountain Meadow Massage Therapy